A few weeks ago I was nominated for a Liebster award by the wonderful Beckie Jones from www.jetsetterjones.com
Beckie is a wonderful and positive young lady who blogs about her travels and how she deals with her anxiety while travelling solo around the world! So thanks Beckie for the nomination and thank you for your kind words… I’m just happy someone is reading this rubbish!
‘George is a traveller who suffers with Crohn’s Disease and blogs about his trials and triumphs on the road from this perspective. He writes in a very personable, humorous and engaging way and it’s a pleasure whenever a new post pops up in my inbox from him.’ – Beckie Jones
So, what is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is an online award given to new-ish bloggers by more established bloggers, or bloggers who’ve been nominated for the award. It’s a great way to discover new blogs and share a little online love and support.
As always, by receiving this award I have to do my part to keep the Liebster flame burning:
1. Thank the person/blog who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog. This can be done by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget.
3. Answer the 10 questions about yourself that your nominating blogger chooses for you.
4. Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award. These must be new bloggers (less than two years blogging) who have fewer than 1000 followers.
5. Create a list of questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
6. List these rules in your post.
7. Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been awarded the award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Now for the questions…. Eeeek!
1. What motivates you to travel?
I’m motivated by meeting new people from all over the world and learning about their cultures, seeing all the beautiful views the world has to offer, and getting the chance to take photos of such beauties. Though I can’t forget the food!
2. What are your top 3 travel bucket list items?
Ahh, I don’t have a bucket list as such, but, I want to;
Walk on a glacier.
Camp out under the stars so far from light polution you can see the milky way.
Paraglide over mountains
3. What 3 words describe you best?
This is such a interview question, thanks Beckie!
4. When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging about 8 months ago, mainly because I as planning a big trip and wanted people at home to see where I was without ramming it down their throats on facebook, and partly so I had something constructive to do when travelling alone!
5. Tell me 5 uncommonly known facts about you.
Ooh, 5 is a lot…
I love toast
I’m a country bumpkin at heart
I hate big crowds
I’m scared of free falling
and I have an almost uncontrollable sweet tooth, but if you have spent any time with me around meals, it’s not so uncommonly known! 🙂
6. What do you miss most when you’re on the road?
Ahh this is a tough one. I guess friends and family. Its hard when you have so many ‘in jokes’ and strangers don’t get your humour.
7. What do you love most about where you live?
The skies. I live in such a flat area and you can see for miles, which I hated when I was younger, I thought it was boring. But in the summer we have great big fluffy clouds and some pretty amazing sunrises and sunsets. Like looking out to sea… Just with a few more trees.
8. What is your favourite quote and why?
‘The average man can dream dreams of a path he’s never walked,
But when that path’s your day to day your dreams become warped’ – Scroobius Pip
In the context of the song it has a pretty dark meaning. But the way I see it, people are always wanting more, a better job, better car, better holidays, bigger nights out etc. But when they get these things, they still want something more. Sometimes you just have to realise you have come pretty far and what you have is pretty darn good.
9. Knowing what you know now, what would you advise your 13 year old self?
I like this one…
Stick with language at school, history is important and stop saying no, you wimp!
10. What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
A sense of humour. If someone can have a laugh and enjoy them selves, laugh at them selves, then they are alright by me.
So without further ado, I am going to nominate Fernanda from Fernanda Was Here . I only came across Fernanda’s blog recently but I love it. Coming from Mexico City Fernanda shares stories of travelling around the world. I particularly enjoyed reading her posts on Japan, a love we both share!
My Questions for Fernanda are:
- If the world was about to end and you could visit only one place, where would it be?
- How would you describe your travel type?
- If you were stranded on a island for 3 months, which 3 people would you choose to be stranded with?
- The best food you have tried abroad?
- What camera do you use?
- What is your favourite quote and why?
- What is the most important lesson you have learnt blogging?
- What inspires you to write?
- Who are your heroes?
- If you knew what you know now, what would you have done differently when starting your blog?